Happy Birthday To Me!
Next year, when I turn 24, I’m buying 24 water guns and having a pool party. It’s decided. Who’s in this with me?
What I really want for my birthday is the ability to eat whatever I want and never gain weight!!!! That’d be THE BEST…even better than 24 water guns (if you can believe that). If I was lucky enough to receive this spectacular present, I would eat a whole tray of these bacon wrapped dates in 5 minutes flat.
These bad boys are PERFECT for that cocktail party your friend is throwing that you said you’d bring something without knowing AT ALL what to bring (been there). They are extra special because they are stuffed with whipped blue cheese. Oh my god… Bacon AND blue cheese!? The two most heavenly things on earth!? Yes, yes.. I know…
The salty crunch of the bacon, the sweetness of the date, and the creamy tang of the whipped blue cheese. I can’t ev…actually I can. I really can.
So, make them, bring them to that party (even a water gun pool party…hint hint), receive a butt load of compliments, and send me a thank you card. You’re welcome.
- 10 oz pitted dates (about 32 dates)
- 16 slices of bacon, cut in half, par-cooked
- 8 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 32 toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the blue cheese and heavy cream. Pulse until fully combined and light in texture. If needed, add more heavy cream.
- Scoop the heavy cream mixture into a piping bag or a plastic bag with the edge cut off.
- Make an incision on one edge of the all dates and open them up (I used kitchen scissors for this).
- Pipe a generous portion of blue cheese into each date.
- Wrap the dates in bacon and insert a toothpick into the middle of the date. Add each date onto a large baking pan, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake the dates for 10-13 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the cheese has melted.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.